Thursday, January 12, 2023

I Tried a Month-Long Yoga Challenge, and It Transformed My Core, My Triceps—And My Relationship to Myself

 







I Tried a Month-Long Yoga Challenge, and It Transformed My Core, My Triceps—And My Relationship to Myself

For any one who loves attractive in deep, audible sighs at some point of the day, you would suppose that a breath-focused exercise like yoga would be proper up my alley. You would be wrong. I am a self-proclaimed yoga hater. As a team HIIT instructor, I love all matters fast-paced, with loud music, and greater intensity. I clearly combat with slowing down. In general, I am a go, go, go girlie, and I don’t take a ton of time to quit and odor the roses, so to speak.


So on every occasion I’ve tried yoga or meditation in the past, I’ve gotten surprisingly pissed off due to the fact I’d spend the entire time questioning about all the matters I wished to do later, and going over my grocery listing in my head.


But there is a motive they name yoga a “practice”: It can take time to adjust. Yoga isn’t simply about constructing bodily fitness, it’s additionally about your intellectual strength. (The poses themselves are surely solely one of eight pillars of yoga.) “When you do yoga, it begins out in relation to the physique as a workout, and I experience like that’s the first layer,” says Bria Lee, a studio coordinator and teacher at CorePower Yoga. “With me, after I noticed the distinction with my body, then there got here the distinction in the altering of my mind.” Lee shares that the literal that means of the phrase yoga is “to unite,” so in your exercise you are uniting the physique and mind.


Knowing that I have a challenging time slowing down, I determined I would embark on a month-long yoga ride to see if I may want to task myself to a exchange of pace. The rule was once that I had to do 4 or 5 lessons per week for one month. (I don’t ever advocate doing any kind of exercising seven days a week, even some thing low impact.)


I started out my trip at my nearby CorePower Yoga, which gives athletic-based flows, regularly in heated studios. Oh yeah, did I point out I additionally hate being hot? I’m a Colorado girl, so warmth is now not in my blood.


I got here out of the gate challenging with their Yoga Sculpt class. This consists of yoga, cardio, and power strikes that assist raise your metabolism and construct muscle. It appeared like it would be the closest component to a HIIT classification I may want to get whilst doing yoga, so I figured I would like that the best. Spoiler alert: I did not. I spent most of the category cursing myself out beneath my breath, and the relaxation laying in a pool of my very own sweat (or used to be it tears?) taking deep breaths till I ought to return to motion again.


I determined that Sculpt in all likelihood wouldn’t be my favorite. Though I do have to say, I used to be enormously impressed via the teacher who was once no longer solely teaching however doing a majority of the moves with us—I suppose yoga instructors may also be some of the strongest human beings on earth.


The subsequent category I attended used to be a C2. The CorePower internet site describes C2 as a “challenging vinyasa flow” that includes greater tough postures. I was once amazed this ended up being my very preferred kind of classification even although it’s sluggish and intentional. What I determined I loved most had been the postures the place we balanced on one leg. Though I positioned first all-around at nation in gymnastics in seventh grade, that phase of me is lengthy gone. So I loved seeing if I should nevertheless stability on one leg, or if I had any flexibility left. (Clearly, I am very aggressive with myself—I am an enneagram three, the achiever. If you know, you know.)


On day four, I don’t understand what happened, however let me inform you, I used to be feeling myself. I walked previous a reflect and regarded over and said, “Damn, you appear hot.” Was there any bodily alternate at this point? No. But the reflection I noticed searching lower back at me in the reflect was once mighty fine.


Though I comprehend I wasn’t absolutely seeing bodily outcomes that early, by using the stop of the challenge, I truely was. I noticed a visible distinction in my triceps, and I cherished it. My top physique is pretty muscular, but I have usually struggled to get described triceps. Not anymore! I’m bummed it’s been too bloodless to wear sleeveless shirts, due to the fact I’m prepared to put them on display. I additionally seen foremost core strength. I’m no longer certain I noticed my abs, however I may want to in reality experience them. I seen positive belly workouts that had been difficult for me in the previous have been now workout routines that I ought to do with ease, which was once a cool feeling.


For the relaxation of the month-long challenge, I vacillated between, “When is this month over?” and “Oh wow, I sense genuinely extremely good after this class.” There have been days when the warmness in the studio used to be simply unbearable. I constantly had my eye on the thermostat. The instructions I took ranged from ninety five stages all the way up to 108 degrees, and they made me recognise I would be happier with yoga achieved in temperatures I would choose to be backyard in. (There are these who love warm yoga, and the others are me.)


I did partake in a few of the on line movies that CorePower offers, due to the fact I was once curious about how influenced I would be to do yoga in my house. The reply is: now not very. The instructions have been good, however I’m any one who wants to be section of a crew to get motivated.


When I first dedicated to doing this challenge, I requested myself, “Whhhhy?!” and took one of these deep audible sighs I love so much. It felt like some thing I was once including to my already lengthy listing of matters to do.


But by way of the time I was once done, I discovered myself lacking yoga a bit. I by no means idea I would say that. What I leave out the most is taking an hour out of my day to get in tune with my idea and body. Though I did see visible results, and won excellent core energy in particular, the factor I seen most was once how tons I favored me. Doing yoga compelled me to spend time with myself, and I determined out I’m rather darn amazing, if I do say so myself.


Doing yoga compelled me to spend time with myself, and I located out I'm rather darn amazing.


Every time I left class, I had a feel of peace that I in no way get after taking a HIIT class. I sense outstanding and energized after HIIT, however no longer peaceful. Both kinds of exercises make me sense like I’m prepared to take on the world, however in distinctive ways. I now see the advantages of each types of training. Lee places it simply, “For any person with an athletic mind, you want to do some thing else to praise what you already do.”


Yoga is that counterpart undertaking for me. Since ending my month of yoga, I have been extra intentional about taking time to myself, however it hasn’t been pretty the equal as clearly practising yoga. Mostly it consists of me laying nonetheless on my sofa for 10 minutes a day. It’s now not savasana, however it’s now not no longer savasana.


I will go on the report and say, I am no longer a yoga hater. I am now a yoga appreciator! While I don’t see myself doing yoga 4 to fives instances a week anymore, I will add yoga into my health programming at least as soon as a week. I love the peace I sense after every class, and my physique can use the stretch as well.


Lee’s recommendation when figuring out whether or not to add yoga to your health movements is this: “The physique altering is the remaining factor you must fear about. Your physique is going to exchange no be counted what. You have to be inclined to open your mind. Be inclined to listen, and now not say some thing for a second. Really simply go inwards.”


That’s what I’m going to take away from this experience. I will have in mind to take time to gradual down to reconnect with myself. The adjustments will constantly come, however they begin from within.


Want to locate your very own peace thru yoga? Start with this flow: 







मैंने एक महीने तक चलने वाली योग चुनौती की कोशिश की, और इसने मेरे कोर, मेरी ट्राइसेप्स-और मेरे रिश्ते को बदल दिया

 किसी के लिए जो दिन के किसी बिंदु पर गहरी, श्रव्य आहों में आकर्षक प्यार करता है, आप मानेंगे कि योग की तरह एक सांस-केंद्रित व्यायाम मेरी गली तक सही होगा। आप गलत होंगे। मैं स्वयंभू योग विरोधी हूं। एक टीम HIIT प्रशिक्षक के रूप में, मैं सभी मामलों को तेज-तर्रार, तेज़ संगीत और अधिक तीव्रता से प्यार करता हूँ। मैं स्पष्ट रूप से धीमा होने का मुकाबला करता हूं। सामान्य तौर पर, मैं एक गो, गो, गो गर्ली हूं, और मुझे बोलने के लिए गुलाबों को छोड़ने और सूंघने में बहुत समय नहीं लगता।


 इसलिए जब भी मैंने अतीत में योग या ध्यान करने की कोशिश की है, तो मुझे आश्चर्यजनक रूप से गुस्सा आ गया है क्योंकि मैं पूरा समय उन सभी चीजों के बारे में पूछताछ करने में बिताता हूं जो मैं बाद में करना चाहता था, और अपनी किराने की सूची पर जा रहा था। मेरे सिर में।


 लेकिन एक मकसद है कि वे योग को "अभ्यास" कहते हैं: इसे समायोजित करने में समय लग सकता है। योग सिर्फ शारीरिक फिटनेस के निर्माण के बारे में नहीं है, यह आपकी बौद्धिक शक्ति के बारे में भी है। (पोज़ स्वयं निश्चित रूप से योग के आठ स्तंभों में से एक हैं।) "जब आप योग करते हैं, तो यह व्यायाम के रूप में काया के संबंध में शुरू होता है, और मुझे लगता है कि यह पहली परत है," ब्रिया ली, एक स्टूडियो समन्वयक कहती हैं। और CorePower योगा में शिक्षक। "मेरे साथ, जब मैंने अपने शरीर के साथ अंतर देखा, तब मेरे मन के परिवर्तन में अंतर आया।" ली साझा करते हैं कि योग शब्द का शाब्दिक अर्थ "एकजुट करना" है, इसलिए आपके व्यायाम में आप शरीर और दिमाग को एकजुट कर रहे हैं।


 यह जानते हुए कि मेरे पास एक चुनौतीपूर्ण समय धीमा है, मैंने निर्धारित किया कि मैं यह देखने के लिए एक महीने की योग की सवारी शुरू करूंगा कि क्या मैं खुद को गति के आदान-प्रदान के लिए काम करना चाहता हूं। एक बार नियम था कि मुझे एक महीने के लिए प्रति सप्ताह 4 या 5 पाठ करने पड़ते थे। (मैं कभी भी सप्ताह में सातों दिन किसी भी तरह का व्यायाम करने की वकालत नहीं करता, यहाँ तक कि कुछ कम प्रभाव भी।)


 मैंने अपने पास के कोरपॉवर योग में अपनी यात्रा शुरू की, जो एथलेटिक-आधारित प्रवाह देता है, नियमित रूप से गर्म स्टूडियो में। अरे हाँ, क्या मैंने उल्लेख किया कि मुझे भी गर्म होने से नफरत है? मैं एक कोलोराडो महिला हूं, इसलिए गर्मी अब मेरे खून में नहीं है।


 मैं उनकी योगा स्कल्प्ट क्लास के साथ चैलेंज करते हुए गेट से बाहर आ गया। इसमें योग, कार्डियो और स्ट्रेंथ मूव्स शामिल हैं जो आपके मेटाबॉलिज्म को बढ़ाने और मांसपेशियों के निर्माण में मदद करते हैं। ऐसा लग रहा था कि यह HIIT वर्गीकरण का सबसे निकटतम घटक होगा जिसे मैं योग करते समय प्राप्त करना चाहूंगा, इसलिए मैंने सोचा कि मुझे वह सबसे अच्छा चाहिए। स्पॉइलर अलर्ट: मैंने नहीं किया। मैंने अधिकांश कक्षा अपनी सांस के नीचे खुद को कोसते हुए बिताई, और बाकी अपने ही पसीने के कुंड में लेटे रहे (या क्या यह आंसू थे?) गहरी सांसें लेते हुए जब तक मुझे वापस कार्रवाई में नहीं लौटना चाहिए।


 मैंने फैसला किया कि मूर्तिकला हर तरह से मेरी पसंदीदा नहीं होगी। हालाँकि मुझे कहना होगा, मैं उस शिक्षक से बहुत प्रभावित था जो न केवल पढ़ा रहा था बल्कि हमारे साथ अधिकांश चालें कर रहा था - मुझे लगता है कि योग प्रशिक्षक भी पृथ्वी के सबसे मजबूत इंसानों में से एक हो सकते हैं।


 मैंने जिस अगली श्रेणी में भाग लिया वह C2 हुआ करती थी। CorePower इंटरनेट साइट C2 को "चुनौतीपूर्ण विनयसा प्रवाह" के रूप में वर्णित करती है जिसमें अधिक कठिन आसन शामिल हैं। मैं चकित था कि यह मेरा पसंदीदा प्रकार का वर्गीकरण था, हालांकि यह सुस्त और जानबूझकर है। मैंने जो फैसला किया वह मुझे सबसे ज्यादा पसंद आया वह मुद्राएं थीं जहां हम एक पैर पर संतुलित थे। हालाँकि मैंने सातवीं कक्षा में जिम्नास्टिक में देश भर में प्रथम स्थान प्राप्त किया था, लेकिन मेरा वह दौर बहुत पहले ही बीत चुका है। इसलिए मुझे यह देखना अच्छा लगा कि क्या मुझे फिर भी एक पैर पर स्थिरता रखनी चाहिए, या क्या मेरे पास कोई लचीलापन बचा है। (स्पष्ट रूप से, मैं अपने आप से बहुत आक्रामक हूँ - मैं एक एनीग्राम थ्री, अचीवर हूँ। यदि आप जानते हैं, तो आप जानते हैं।)


 चौथे दिन, मुझे नहीं पता कि क्या हुआ, लेकिन मैं आपको बता दूं, मैं खुद को महसूस कर रहा था। मैं एक प्रतिबिंब के पीछे चला गया और देखा और कहा, "लानत है, तुम गर्म लग रहे हो।" क्या इस समय कोई शारीरिक विकल्प था? नहीं, लेकिन मैंने जो प्रतिबिंब देखा, वह प्रतिबिंब में मुझे पीछे की ओर देख रहा था, वह बहुत अच्छा था।


 हालांकि मैं समझता हूं कि मैं उस शुरुआत में पूरी तरह से शारीरिक परिणाम नहीं देख रहा था, चुनौती के स्टॉप का उपयोग करके, मैं वास्तव में था। मैंने अपनी ट्राइसेप्स में एक स्पष्ट अंतर देखा, और मुझे यह पसंद आया। मेरी शीर्ष काया काफी मांसल है, लेकिन मैं आमतौर पर ट्राइसेप्स का वर्णन करने के लिए संघर्ष करता हूं। अब और नहीं! मुझे इस बात का दुख है कि स्लीवलेस शर्ट पहनना बहुत ठंडा हो गया है, क्योंकि मैं उन्हें स्क्रीन पर रखने के लिए तैयार हूं। मैंने मेन कोर स्ट्रेंथ भी देखी। मुझे यकीन नहीं है कि मैंने अपने एब्स देखे हैं, लेकिन मैं वास्तव में उन्हें अनुभव करना चाहूंगा। मैंने सकारात्मक बेली व्यायाम देखे जो पहले मेरे लिए कठिन थे अब ऐसे व्यायाम हो गए हैं जिन्हें मुझे आसानी से करना चाहिए, जो एक अच्छा अहसास था।


 महीने भर की चुनौती के विश्राम के लिए, मैं बीच में हिचकिचाया, "यह महीना कब खत्म हुआ?" और "अरे वाह, मुझे इस कक्षा के बाद वास्तव में बहुत अच्छा लग रहा है।" ऐसे दिन थे जब स्टूडियो में गर्माहट असहनीय हुआ करती थी। मेरी नजर लगातार थर्मोस्टैट पर थी। मैंने पचहत्तर चरणों से लेकर 108 डिग्री तक के निर्देश लिए, और उन्होंने मुझे पहचान दिलाई कि मैं उस तापमान में प्राप्त योग से अधिक खुश रहूंगा, जिसमें मैं पिछवाड़े में रहना पसंद करूंगा। अन्य मैं हूं।)


 मैंने कुछ ऑनलाइन फिल्मों में भाग लिया जो CorePower प्रदान करता है, क्योंकि मैं उत्सुक था कि मैं अपने घर में योग करने से कितना प्रभावित होगा। उत्तर है: बहुत नहीं। निर्देश अच्छे थे, लेकिन मैं कोई भी हूं जो प्रेरित होने के लिए टीम का हिस्सा बनना चाहता है।


 जब मैंने पहली बार इस चुनौती को करने के लिए खुद को समर्पित किया, तो मैंने खुद से पूछा, "क्यों?" और इन गहरी श्रव्य आहों में से एक लिया जो मुझे बहुत पसंद है। ऐसा लगा कि कुछ ऐसा है जिसे मैं करने के लिए चीजों की अपनी पहले से ही लंबी सूची में शामिल कर रहा था।


 लेकिन जब तक मैं कर चुका था, मैंने खुद को योग की थोड़ी कमी महसूस की। मुझे कभी नहीं लगा कि मैं ऐसा कहूंगा। जो मैं सबसे ज्यादा छोड़ता हूं वह है अपने विचार और शरीर के साथ तालमेल बिठाने के लिए अपने दिन में से एक घंटा लेना। हालाँकि मैंने दृश्य प्रभाव देखा, और विशेष रूप से उत्कृष्ट कोर ऊर्जा जीती, जो चीज़ मैंने सबसे अधिक देखी वह यह थी कि मैं मुझे कितना पसंद करता था। योग करने से मुझे खुद के साथ समय बिताने के लिए मजबूर होना पड़ा, और मैंने तय किया कि अगर मैं खुद ऐसा कहूं तो मैं बहुत अद्भुत हूं।


 योग करने से मुझे अपने साथ समय बिताने के लिए मजबूर होना पड़ा, और मुझे पता चला कि मैं बहुत अद्भुत हूँ।


 हर बार जब मैंने कक्षा छोड़ी, तो मुझे एक शांति का अनुभव हुआ जो मुझे HIIT कक्षा लेने के बाद कभी नहीं मिला। मैं HIIT के बाद उत्कृष्ट और ऊर्जावान महसूस कर रहा हूं, लेकिन शांत नहीं हूं। दोनों तरह के वर्कआउट से मुझे ऐसा अहसास होता है जैसे मैं दुनिया को लेने के लिए तैयार हूं, लेकिन अलग तरीके से। अब मैं प्रत्येक प्रकार के प्रशिक्षण के लाभ देखता हूँ। ली इसे सरलता से कहते हैं, "एक एथलेटिक दिमाग वाले किसी भी व्यक्ति के लिए, आप जो पहले से करते हैं उसकी प्रशंसा करने के लिए आप कुछ और करना चाहते हैं।"


 योग मेरे लिए वह समकक्ष उपक्रम है। अपने योग के महीने को समाप्त करने के बाद से, मैं खुद के लिए समय निकालने के बारे में अधिक जानबूझकर रहा हूं, लेकिन यह स्पष्ट रूप से योग का अभ्यास करने के बराबर नहीं रहा है। ज्यादातर इसमें मुझे दिन में 10 मिनट के लिए अपने सोफे पर लेटे रहना शामिल है। यह सवासना नहीं है, लेकिन यह सवासना नहीं है।


 मैं रिपोर्ट पर जाऊंगा और कहूंगा, मैं अब योग से नफरत करने वाला नहीं हूं। अब मैं योग का प्रशंसक हूं! जबकि अब मैं खुद को सप्ताह में 4 से 5 बार योग करते हुए नहीं देखता, मैं कम से कम एक सप्ताह में योग को अपनी स्वास्थ्य प्रोग्रामिंग में शामिल करूंगा। मुझे वह शांति पसंद है जो मुझे हर कक्षा के बाद महसूस होती है, और मेरी काया भी खिंचाव का उपयोग कर सकती है।


 अपनी फिटनेस गतिविधियों में योग को शामिल करना है या नहीं, यह जानने के लिए ली की सलाह यह है: “शरीर में बदलाव वह आखिरी चीज है जिसके बारे में आपको चिंता करनी चाहिए। आपकी काया बदल जाएगी, कोई मायने नहीं रखता। आपको अपना दिमाग खोलने के लिए इच्छुक होना होगा। सुनने के लिए इच्छुक रहें, और एक सेकंड के लिए कुछ भी न कहें। वास्तव में बस अंदर जाओ।


 यही मैं इस अनुभव से दूर करने जा रहा हूं। मुझे अपने आप से फिर से जुड़ने के लिए धीरे-धीरे समय निकालने का ध्यान रखना होगा। परिवर्तन लगातार आते रहेंगे, हालाँकि वे भीतर से शुरू होते हैं।


 योग के माध्यम से अपनी खुद की शांति पाना चाहते हैं? इस प्रवाह से प्रारंभ करें:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yoga in the Park

  Yoga is an ancient practice that has gained immense popularity in recent years. It is a physical, mental, and spiritual practice that help...